Yukata season will be here again soon! I’m so excited to be able to wear mine again.
Gosh it has been a while since I posted anything.. for that I am sorry!
The past month has been a combination of extremely busy times, a little soul searching and a sudden full-blown gut-punch of exhaustion. I’m not entirely sure if it is due to the sudden change in the weather (it dropped down to being pretty cold suddenly and we had a very short Autumn this year!) or just the general increase of my work load this year. But either way I am happy, healthy and chugging along merrily, albeit tiredly.
I’ll summarize briefly, and I’ll post up some of the more interesting things which deserve their own posts later on:
- I took the JLPT N4 on Sunday 4th December (and I don’t feel terrible about it!)
- Me and two friends are still in the midst of planning and creating our own video game. Let’s just say that is going slowly but it’s pretty solid! The awesome writer of the project has started tinkering with some ideas which in turn inspired me to start storyboarding.
- I’ve began to think about my post-JET career, but that is still a way away..
- We’ve also been binge-playing TellTale Games The Walking Dead.. FINALLY! We’re on the second play-through now, awaiting my order of S2 to arrive and S3 to be released this month (eeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
- I’ve been drawing many other things on and off. Some of which will be posted soon.
- Work is going swimmingly! We’ve had lots of fun projects going on but this term has been much busier, plus I have been involved in other school’s events.
- All of my technology seems to be failing around me. My phone and laptop both have strange issues, and my video camera broke mid-project… boo.
- I’ve visited some interesting places which will definitely have reviews coming up on here soon!
- I’ve been brought in on a couple of drawing related things for a friend and for my school which will both keep me busy for a while.
Mm so yes, that is pretty much all for this moment. Just checking in to prompt myself to post again and basically revive the temporarily sleeping blog here.
Oh, and also.. our new favourite saying is “stay frosty”, as per Lee in TWD. So kids,
After a hectic few weeks, I’m happy for my Golden Week adventure to start a day early. I’m off to Tokyo to visit my boyfriend. It’s his birthday next week so we’ll have lots of fun planned around work (he won’t have much time off, boohoo). But it will still be great
On Saturday, I flew over to Tokyo as it was a long weekend and I figured it’s time to finally visit the LINE Friends store in Harajuku!
LINE is a messenger application which is hugely popular in Asia, and growing in popularity across the world. It’s available in a number of languages and is popular as you can send messages, make voice calls, share images and more for free using mobile data or WiFi. A somewhat cuter Whatsapp, let’s say.
Recently I discovered the joy of buying craft materials in Japan! I feel like lately, I have spent way too much money in these shops, I can’t really complain.. The quality and selection of the stuff you can buy in these shops is waaay superior to some of the stuff back home.. and I guess I can justify it, as it has been a little too cold to go out and do much lately!
So.. here is a little peek at the selection of what I bought in my last visit..
How on earth did I miss yesterday being “Cat Day” in Japan?
22/2, affectionately known as 猫の日 was chosen because the day is ににに – the closest sound to what a cat makes.. just as adorable as I expected from Japan.
Read about CAT DAY here!
I celebrated without even realising, because I was using my Nekomimi headphones. How did you celebrate?